Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunkist Surprise.

I am proud to be a redhead. Or ginger, of you will.
It took me a while to appreciate many things about myself,
So basically I'm no different from every other American female.
I had issues with my body, my face, and, of course, my hair.
Growing up, I never looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was beautiful or unique.
All I saw was the fact that I wasn't like all the other kids.
I wasn't blonde or brunette with blue eyes and a naturally rapid metabolism,
I was the girl with thick copper curls running down my back, small, slanted brown eyes and curves since the age of 7.
However, as I matured I realized that being different is a blessing.
If everyone was the same, or even similar, the world would be a dull, dull place.
I have learned to appreciate almost every quirk about myself and those around me; whether positive or negative, it makes up something remarkable and unmistakable, something never to be taken for granted. That something lies within everyone. No matter what you've been told, or told yourself. 
Now when I look at myself, I see greatness in 2% of the population; natural redheads.

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing, and i have always loved your hair. beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete